- Be patient. It may take 10 minutes to answer one question.
- Be Tactful. Even questions like, "when was your first kiss?" could make her uneasy.
- Be Positive. Try not to reminisce on the hardships of her life, but the positive aspects.
- Be Accurate: Record everything! Write her responses in your genealogy notebook or software, plus put the phone on speaker and record her voice on your smart phone, ipad or digital recorder.
- Be Responsible. Make duplicates! Save your data in multiple areas. I have mine saved in external hard drives, my email, my google docs folder, and flash drives. Your knowledge of grandma is priceless so send it to relatives! It makes a great Christmas Present or Birthday Gift!!
Type & Print or Print & Write. 10 Questions to ask yourself, your parents or grandparents this week.