Here's a super cute and inexpensive way to incorporate family history into your child's bedroom by using a colorful Family Tree (pedigree chart). This is my 13 year old daughters bedroom with accents of family history. On the left wall you will see the family tree that I designed to match the exact colors of her bedding, so it all ties together perfectly :)Now, don't you think your child needs a framed pedigree chart displayed in their bedroom? Well, you're in luck, because I have completed 3 different designs for the 4 generation "Type & Print" pedigree charts, that allows you to:
- Type, Print & Frame (8x10) in 30 minutes or less
- Print, Write & Frame (8x10) in 30 minutes or less
Pedigree Chart Tips:
- For female, always use the maiden name, (First, Middle, Maiden). Never use married name on a pedigree chart.
- Father's name always goes on the top, ascending to the right.
- Mother's name always goes on the bottom, descending to the right.
Now let's get started! 5 Easy Steps:
- Click: on your favorite pedigree chart below to download your pdf "Type & Print" pedigree chart. (Make sure you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer).
- Type: your Genealogy! Hit "Tab" to go to the next field. Note: "you cannot save data typed into this form. Please print your completed form, if you want a copy for your records". (Have your Genealogy & Family History close by to refer to as you type.)
- Print: on 8.5 x 11 paper or scrapbook paper. Here are a few paper examples that I bought at Hobby Lobby (.40 a piece)
- Cut: The 8x10 border on your printed 8.5 x 11
- Frame! In 30 minutes or less, you can have a beautiful framed pedigree chart!!
Step 1: Click on 1 of the 3 pedigree charts below to download:
Pedigree Chart #1: Click image to download pdf "type and print" form. Once you've clicked on the image it will automatically download to your computer. It usually saves in your "Download" folder.
Pedigree Chart #2: Click image to download pdf "type and print" form
Pedigree Chart #3: Click image to download pdf "type and print" form
Step 2 Type: your Genealogy! (Hit tab to move to the next field)
Step 3 Print: on 8.5 x 11 scrapbook paper. Here are a few paper examples:
Step 4 Cut the 8x10 border on your printed 8.5 x 11
Step 5 Frame! You now have a beautiful framed pedigree chart!! Isn't it adorable!!
Total Time spent on project: 29 minutes.
Other decorative items shown:
Black Shelf from Hobby Lobby (On sale for $12)
Zebra 5x7 frame from Hobby Lobby (on sale for $10)
Green Frame from Hobby Lobby (on Sale for $10)
Mirrored "Love" wall art from Hobby Lobby (on sale for $7)
Click here to Leave a comment and share how your pedigree chart turned out.