Thank you Clive!
10 fun facts about C.S. Lewis:
- C.S. Lewis stands for Clive Staples Lewis.
- Born: 29 November 1898 in Belfast Ireland.
- When he was 4, he announces his new name to be "Jacksie" after his dog who had recently died. Friends and family called him "Jacksie" and "Jack" for most of his life.
- At the Age of 15 Lewis gave up his childhood Christian faith and became an atheist.
- In 1917 he left his studies to serve in the WWI British Army.
- Lewis converts to Christianity in 1931, (age 33).
- Occupation: Novelist, scholar, broadcaster.
- Married only once, at the age of 58, to Joy Davidman on April 1956, she dies 4 years later.
- He never had any children of his own, but raised his two step sons after Joy's death.
- In Oxford, England On 22 November 1963, exactly one week before his 65th birthday, Lewis collapsed in his bedroom at 5:30 pm and died a few minutes later. His death was almost completely overshadowed by news of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, which occurred on the same day, as did the death of Aldous Huxley.