It’s that time again to announce all the greatest new features of Family Tree Maker. We listened to a large range of Family Tree Maker users to improve our features for 2014 including the roll out of the new Family View display, improved TreeSync, more extensive charts and reports, new organizational tools and more. Below is a list of the newly improved features.
What’s new in Family Tree Maker?
- New Family View — see your family tree in a new way. This additional view makes navigating easier, especially when you want to see extended family members.
- Improved TreeSync — lets you easily synchronize your tree in Family Tree Maker with an online Ancestry.com tree.
- A more robust TreeSync™ lets you sync even more of your family tree info.
- Easily share your tree with your family and work on it together. Family and friends can view the online version of your tree without software or a subscription.
- Collaborate with the largest, most active family history community in the world. Keep your online tree private or make it public so that others researching your family can find you. You may connect with others who have insight on your ancestors, discover rare family photos, or even find relatives you didn’t know you had.
- More organizational tools — stay organized with new tools that let you sort children automatically by birth order and view people by location, grouping them by country, state, county, and city.
- New and improved charts and reports — more options and views let you display an individual’s ancestors, spouses, and children together. Also, the Index of Individuals Report has been expanded with options for anniversary, birthday, and contact lists, and more.
- New tree branch export — a new export option makes it much simpler to export a single branch of your tree.
- More editing options — save time with the ability to copy and paste facts including related source citations, media items, and notes.
10 reasons to get the new Family Tree Maker:
- Access interactive street and satellite maps: View important locations in your ancestors’ lives. Or create a migration map showing where events in their lives took place.
- Easily organize media: Add photos, documents, audio and video in one, easy-to-access location. Link media to multiple people in your tree and incorporate them into charts and reports.
- Share your work with others: Use templates to create beautiful family trees or design your own with powerful charting tools. Enhance charts with backgrounds, embellishments and family photos.
- Discover new family members: Follow hints from Ancestry.com, the world's largest family history resource.
- Create Smart Stories: Transform facts from your tree into stories that update automatically as you update your tree.
- Simplify source creation: Use templates to source everything from online databases to vital records.
- Use standard location names: Use the locations database to enter place names consistently and in a standard format.
- Explore data like never before: Use new and improved reports to gather information and export it in a variety of formats. Save settings in one report and apply them to others.
- Navigate your tree with ease: View multiple generations, navigate to any individual in your tree with a click of the mouse and add or edit life events.
- Import data from other genealogy programs: Open files created in Legacy™ Family Tree, The Master Genealogist™ and FamilySearch™ Personal Ancestral Files.
Click here to order your Family Tree Maker 2014 at 30% off for only $27.99 or upgrade your previous Family Tree Maker version for only $23.99. This offer ends September 9, 2013.
- Purchases made by September 9, 2013 will be ready to download on September 12, 2013. And shipped the week of September 12, 2013 if you ordered the software on DVD.
- Available for Windows only. Mac version coming soon.
- This offer is available to the US only.
- Order today for September delivery.
- You will be notified by email on or around September 12, 2013, when the new Family Tree Maker is available to download.