Happy Veterans Day!!
About this photo: This Veterans Memorial is located in the American Fork Cemetery.
I took this photo on October 28, 2013 during the most beautiful time of the season. The golden trees that surrounded this soldier were breathtaking. I am grateful that I took the time to capture the beauty of this Veterans Memorial. -Sarah Burnes Heiner
Top 25 Veterans Day Quotes:
Top 25 Veterans Day Quotes:
- “The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive veterans of early wars were treated and appreciated by our nation.” -George Washington
- "Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem." -Ronald Reagan
- "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." -Thomas Jefferson
- “Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country's cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.” -Abraham Lincoln
- "How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!"
- "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- “Every society needs heroes. And every society has them. The reason we don't often see them is because we don't bother to look." -Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
- "Because all of us believe and understand in the fabric of the common bond of why we call ourselves American is to care for the men and women who wear the uniform; and when they take off the uniform, we care for them when they are veterans."
- "We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."
- "It is easy to take Liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you."
- "While only one day of the year is dedicated solely to honoring our veterans, Americans must never forget the sacrifices that many of our fellow countrymen have made to defend our country and protect our freedoms." -Randy Neugebauer
- "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave..." -Patrick Henry
- "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -Mark Twain
- "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death."
- "Without heroes, we are all plain people, and don't know how far we can go." -Bernard Malamud
- "Nurture your minds with great thoughts, to believe in the heroic makes heroes."
- "On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free." -Dan Lipinski
- "Caring for veterans shouldn't be a partisan issue. It should an American one."
- "You'd have to go a long way to find someone who was more proud and grateful for what our veterans have done for all of us." -Jim Davis
- "The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude." -Jeff Miller
- "America's veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago." -Steve Buyer
- "Twenty-five million veterans are living among us today. These men and women selflessly set aside their civilian lives to put on the uniform and serve us." Steve Buyer
- "We owe our World War II veterans - and all our veterans - a debt we can never fully repay." -Doc Hastings
- "I do not fear an army of lions, if they are led by a lamb. I do fear an army of sheep, if they are led by a lion." -Alexander the Great
- "This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis